Details and Dancing My Ojibwe Wool Strap Dress




2007 Me and my Sister Jackie Grand Portage Reservation Monument Minnesota



2007 Me and my Sister Jackie On The Dock We Grew Up On Grand Portage Reservation, MN



Me and my Sister Jackie - Grand Portage Harbor, MN

Me and Lorraine, a Mic Mac Friend at Webster, Florida Powwow

Showing off the back details of our Historic Regalia

Comparing Legging Design, Moccasins and Ribbon Work

Dancing the Dress

Sharing a Good Dance with A New Friend

Witch Tree on Our Original Family Homestead, Grand Portage Reservation, Minnesota

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, thanks, reminds me of my days at Old Fort William in Thunder Bay, Ontario. May I ask your thoughts, as a historian, on the ceinture fléchée? I plan to make a strap dress and wear the ceinture fléchée with it, as you do in these pics. I just wonder if Native women wore them historically? Or were they mainly a voyageur, French-Canadian invention? Have heard they protected voyageurs against hernias carrying those heavy packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… merino wool fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dresses are beautiful. My mom is looking for a pattern to make a strap dress. Would you have the pattern that I could buy from you. Or where I could buy a pattern. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...